Sunday, September 21, 2008

The blog is evolving

To all of you that check daily for the new updates, I must apologize for my tardiness in yesterday's post (I just posted it tonight at 8PM). I know some of you were waiting for it, however, I just got busy doing other things. The fact is that this past week has included some days that felt normal again. Tuesday, for example, felt a lot like Tuesday and not so much like "The day before Gracie starts chemo" or "The day Gracie's siblings get their eyes checked to rule out retinoblastoma." Over the past month, titling the daily postings with the date and day of the week helped me remember where I was in relation to everyone else around me.
Looking forward to the next couple weeks, it seems that we have some fairly regular days coming. Life seems to keep marching on and in some ways I feel like I have been standing still and watching the procession pass by. Now it seems that we are ready to get back in line and push forward. Sometimes I am still uncomfortable with the notion that I am becoming comfortable with Gracie having cancer but I also think that establishing normalcy in our family life is important for everyone- including Gracie.
Having said that, I am not necessarily planning on blogging about Gracie's daily routine, as I have in the past. While I will keep blogging and mention the things that are going on in regards to her battle with cancer the posts will likely be comprised less of Gracie's travel log. If Gracie's routine for the day is no different than usual, I may not even post that day. Of course, this is subject to change at any time.

1 comment:

The Queen Vee said...

Normal days are a cancer blessing to be thankful for so wallow in the normalness of them. I'm not sure normalness is a word.