Saturday, January 31, 2009

Gracie pics and a big thank you to all!







The first picture is one her mom took yesterday. The next three pictures are of Gracie today. She had a wonderful time playing outside in her swimming suit (Gotta love Texas winter). (The fourth one shows how much her hair is thinning out. Maybe next time you see a picture she will not have any hair left to see.) Then the final picture is from a few days ago. This is Gracie on my bed. That is her favorite place to go at night. She usually falls asleep there and then I take her up to her room.

Gracie is doing really well. In the week before round six things have gone quite well. She had her blood tested yesterday but we did not hear back on the results so they must have been fine. Gracie keeps talking about her friends at the blood clinic and says that she would like to go back there soon. I just want to tell her that it will be soon enough.
Thank you for all your support and love. I was reminded today of how much people cared as I went grocery shopping and used a gift card we had been given. It has been amazing to see how many people try to reach out in so many ways. We are grateful beyond measure for the anonymous "gas money" that found its way to our door before the first round, for the gift cards for Molly Maids, groceries, gas, etc, for the people that played secret Santa leading up to Christmas, for the "Santa" that dropped a bag of wrapped gifts for each member of the family a couple of weeks prior to Christmas, for the family members that have come each month and the family that have financially contributed to Gracie's care and our visits to Houston, for the cute hats that Gracie has received, the many gifts that Gracie and her siblings have received, the messages on the phone, e-mail and by mail, the kind neighbor just willing to talk and listen, the thoughtful books and quotes that have been shared, helping get my sister to Florida in March for Gracie's wish trip and the list could go on and on. It is amazing the way that people reach out to help others and I only hope that I can be as kind in return.
Thank you all.

1 comment:

Lilly said...

I follow your blog from time to time and glad to hear the Gracie is doing better.

I will loke to send Gracie a get well card. Will you provide me with an address? Thank you.

PS: I have a picture of my daughter sleeping in the same position as Gracie and holding her beloved bear bear, aka brownie the bear. What's up with the position? I guess its more comfortable that you might think!