Monday, March 9, 2009

Mutation Found!

Okay. We haven't actually met with the geneticist so James and I haven't found out exactly where this mutation is, but the lab found it and has sent the report off to our geneticist. I called the lab today because I started worrying that the blood had been lost before it got to the lab. It seems like this has been pending forever. But the lab (Retinoblastoma Solutions in Toronto) told me that they'd found the mutation and that the report has been sent. So our appointment with Gracie's geneticist which is scheduled  for the end of March looks like it's a go. Although we're trying to get it moved to the same day as her EUA so that we don't have to make 2 trips to Houston.  Finding the mutation is great news because now we can get our other kids and their cousins genetically cleared so that they don't have to continue with routine screening under anesthesia.

Stephanie

4 comments:

PureDesign said...

Thats exciting news then!

Janet said...

this is awesome news!

Anonymous said...

What great news for you guys. Have a wonderful time on your trip and know you continue to be in our thoughts & prayers.

Courtney & Rachel Hansen family

Aimee Winward said...

Since we were just talking about this the other day, I can't believe you finally get an answer. You'll have to let me know exactly what they found (the biochemist in me can't stand to not know :)). Have fun at Disney world/land I can never remember which is which.