Monday, June 8, 2009

Celebration of Life

This weekend our friends threw Gracie a huge celebration to honour her as a cancer SURVIVOR!!
She wasn't able to attend the ACS Relay for Life, as it was the same day as her enucleation, so they created their own event and called it her Survivor Celebration Run. It was absolutely amazing. People donated food, and time. They had a live band. Around 200 people showed up to show Gracie their love and support. Thank you so much Tauni for organizing this. It was so much bigger and better than anything I would have done. You surpassed anything I could have hoped for. I know you had people helping you, but I'm not sure who they all were, so I can't mention them by name or send them cards, but I hope you know how much our family appreciated this. Thank you also to all of you who showed up to cheer our precious little girl on, I can't express how much it means to us. We feel so blessed to have such wonderful friends. The support you've given us has really buoyed us up over the last year. We've needed each and every one of you and all the prayers you've offered on our behalf. Thank you.

Sorry the words to the slideshow are so small, it looks really good in full screen mode (which is how it was created). I wasn't factoring in how small it needed to be on a blog. Hope you can read it none the less.

Stephanie

8 comments:

Unknown said...

Sure, way to make me cry. The kids wanted to watch it again immediately, but I was crying so hard I told them we'd have to take a break. Thanks for putting that together. It must have been a lot of work, but it was beautiful. It really is wonderful how many people really love Gracie. It just shows what a wonderful little girl she is.
Love the Ericksons.

Travis and Mardi said...

That is amazing! What a great event and a great bunch of friends! The only thing that makes me sad is that I missed it. I see Gracie continues to rock the track, but since she kicked cancer, whatever great things she achieves will never surprise me. Loved the video and it's a great song for Gracie. You're all loved so much, and we're so glad that Gracie is doing great.

Love,
Mardi

Anonymous said...

I'm a lurker...

I stumbled upon your blog from another one, and I've been following it for a while. This video brought me to tears!! I've had your family in my thoughts for quite some time. I'm glad Gracie is doing so well, she is an inspiration!

The Dragonfly said...

Congratulations Gracie! I'm so proud of you and all you've accomplished with a smile on your face. You are an example to us all.

Samantha Lee
(Jayson Wilkinson's cousin)

Jill & Locke & Kay said...

Way to go Gracie! We sure love you!

The Ord Family said...

I so wish we could have been there. She is just as cute as a little bug - even now that the stitch is out. She looks so good, but how can she not with that smile plastered on her face all the time. We keep you all in each and every one of our prayers. Are you guys coming home at all this summer? We miss seeing you. Gracie is such an inspiration - she gives us no excuse to get down. Thank you Gracie!

Love,
Lins

Anonymous said...

wow. I was crying in sadness and for joy. So happy that she was running with such vigor and so happy she has so much love around her. Yet so sad that she had to go through it all. So happy she is a survivor.
Ortensia:-)

Aunt Mary Ann said...

Our sweet Gracie,
Thank you for being our inspiration,
our courage and most of all our wonderful child of God. Sorry that we missed such a fantastic party. What wonderful bunch of friends to put on a special celebration for Gracie. Thank you so much for the video, I watched twice, and cried both times. We are so proud of Gracie and want her to know that her Canadian family loves her very much. Hope to see you soon.
All our love and prayers are with
you all..
Aunt Mary Ann, Uncle Cameron, Great Grandma Leishman and family

HUGS AND KISSES xoxoxoxo