Sunday, November 2, 2008

Getting Ready for Round 3

I have never been this worried to go start a round of chemo. For round 1 I was just anxious to get things started and kill those tumors. Round 1 went so well that I didn't really worry about round 2. But round 2 was such a horrible experience that I get literally ill when I think about having to repeat that again. It is so difficult to watch your child hurt that badly. Also her eye looked awful. I had no idea that an eye could swell that badly.  All in all it was a highly traumatic experience. So I'm dreading round 3.  James' mom flies in Tuesday to man the fort. We leave for Houston Wednesday afternoon (hopefully Grace will have enough time to swim at the hotel before going to bed).  Thursday morning Gracie is scheduled for her EUA and second subtenon injection of carboplatin (only one more after this).  That evening she can start infusions (if we get a bed). For those of you looking for specific things to pray for here is my current list.

1. That these treatments will be effective and Gracie will be able to keep BOTH eyes (always at the top of my list)
2. That she won't have to suffer the same pain and swelling she did during round 2
3. That if she does have to have that pain and swelling again that it won't all be in vain and that it means that the treatments are working
4. That we can get a bed on the cancer unit early on Thursday so that it'll be easier to manage Gracie for pain and swelling after the injection
5. That her mommy can be tough and not lose it through all of this

Although I'm dreading this, I'm also looking forward to getting it over with. After round 3 we'll be half way done treatments. After round 3 there is only one more subtenon injection left. There are a lot of things that we'll be celebrating after round 3. 

7 comments:

Monson Family said...

I will check off your list as I say my prayers tonight! Ughhh! I am so sorry you have to watch her go through so much! So hard!

Travis and Mardi said...

You are all always in our prayers, and we will remember those specific things, especially as Gracie starts a new round. We love you and are thinking of you.

Josh said...

Of course we'll keep you guys in our prayers. Stay strong. Loved the picture of the girls in their Sunday dresses.

robinbonner said...

I'll update the seminary students. Bill and I plan to donate plateletts in a couple of weeks. You are in our constant thoughts and sincere prayers.
Much love!!!

Anonymous said...

I have a bundle of paper cranes hanging over my bed and I fold wishes inside. They have flown long distances before and I will fold so many for Gracie and your family. My heart hurts for you but it's beautiful that Gracie is able to smile through as much as she has. That will bring her so much strength. I will keep Gracie and your family in my thoughts.

ShawLove said...

We are thinking and praying for you. May the Lord grant you and Gracie peace and strength during round 3.

Anonymous said...

You guys are amazing to me with your strength and faith through all this!! Jayd and I really look to you both with so much respect! We are thinking about your and praying that things will be easier this time.